Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Scripture Memory Catch up :)

It's been a while since I wrote a post about the Scripture memory challenge I've been in this year. The last one was in May before I left on the tour to Turkey and Greece. So many Scriptures have been rolling around in my head from the amazing journey we took through that Biblical land and since I've been home, it's been go go go with processing calendar orders, getting over jet lag, catching up on emails, having meetings, finishing Bible study, moving my mom into a nursing home, having a farewell for our pastor who is moving away, getting my youngest graduated from Grade 12, then celebrating the long weekend with my family at the lake before coming back home for a couple days to pack for a very exciting trip to Ecuador with Kyrstin to meet her sponsor child Ruth. WOW! I am exhausted just writing all this down for you! :)

I haven't been good at memorizing the verses God has given me, but I have them all written out on cue cards to review them every now and then and to be reminded of the goodness of God. Even though I'm not memorizing them word for word, they are still being instilled in my heart and memory bank and have incredible meaning to me.

old city walls in Thessalonica


at the old city walls of Thessalonica with our Greek Tour Guide Voula ♥
Here are the ones that God has given to me for the month of June. I don't have time to go into the reasoning for it all right now but will come back and write that in at a later date. :)  OR you can read my previous 2 posts of our last couple of days in Thessalonica and Philippi because that is where these verses came from. :)

You are all children of the light and children 
of the day. We do not belong to the 
night or to the darkness.    
1 Thessalonians 5:5 ESV

reading 1 Thessalonians at the Forum where Paul preached on the Sabbath in Thessalonica, Greece



But since we belong to the day, we must be serious and put on the armor of faith and love on 
your chests, and put on a helmet of 
the hope of salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5:8 HCSB

what the forum would have looked like in Paul's day in Thessalonica, Greece

Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything...don't stifle the Spirit...hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19, 21-22  HCSB


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don't worry any anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all though (understanding), will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7  HCSB

verse 8 goes on to tell us that whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, moral, excellence, worthy of praise...to dwell (think) on these things.

reading the passages in Philippians at Philippi ♥

at Philippi


at the water by Philippi where Paul met Lydia sitting by the water...here I am with our Greek Tour Guide Voula ♥


at the river near Philippi where Paul met Lydia sitting by the water ♥



All these verses have much meaning to me as I read them and thought about them while I was in Greece. ♥


No comments: